Community Quarterly Meeting
September 20 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
We are much stronger when we work together! Homelessness is a crisis in our community; we need each other in order to effectively address this urgent issue. Please join us for Associated Ministries’ next Community Quarterly Meeting (CQM) on homelessness. This is a free event but registration is requested:
When: Thursday, September 20th from 5-7 pm (light snacks provided)
Where: Shiloh Baptist Church, 1211 South I Street, Tacoma
This is the most important CQM we’ve held to date; please make every effort to attend. We believe you will leave inspired by people who are actively involved in the journey to end homelessness. Special guests and topics to be discussed at the September CQM to be announced.
Who should attend the meeting?
- People of faith and good-will who have an open heart and a willing spirit to come together to learn, participate, and be involved in practical ways to address homelessness. We especially encourage attendance from those representing a specific faith community (the pastor or their appointed representative), as well as other interested individuals.
What will be achieved at the meeting?
- Attendees will be informed and educated regarding the background, context, and challenges related to the issue of homelessness.
- Attendees will gain a better understanding of effective interventions already underway to address homelessness.
- We will discuss potential projects and solutions that attendees can engage in as faith communities or individuals to positively impact homelessness.
- Attendees will walk away with at least one specific step they can take to help end homelessness, inspired by people who are actively involved in the journey.
Together we CAN impact the crisis of homelessness in our community.
Last year Associated Ministries began convening these meetings in partnership with other Pierce County homeless and housing service providers, with the goal of creating an energizing space to gather regularly to learn about, discuss and take action on the crisis of homelessness in our community. Last year nearly 200 people representing 54 congregations attended these meetings; we need you at the table!
If you have any questions about the CQM, please contact Valorie Crout, Chief Program Officer for Associated Ministries at 253-426-1508 or email@example.com.
*** Please Note: We ask that all events submitted to AM for approval for our calendar be aligned with our mission for uniting people of faith to build stronger communities. We appreciate submissions regarding any faith-based event, free services to our community, or opportunities for locals to access helpful resources. We accept posts for fundraising events that benefit vulnerable people in our community and which are hosted by a local faith community. We also reserve the right to deny any submission request without contacting the submitter due to work load and time constraints, however if you have any questions about our events calendar or the way we decide what makes it onto our events calendar feel free to contact us at Communications@AssociatedMinistries.org.