Disaster Response Care Teams are a small group of specialized volunteers who offer emotional and spiritual support during the response and recovery phases of a disaster or emergency evacuation. Care Teams are overseen by Associated Ministries, and offered in partnership with Pierce County Department of Emergency Management and Pierce County Citizen Corps. Training for Care Teams is provided by Washington Community Chaplain Corps.
Care Team members are volunteers who offer emotional and practical support to survivors of disasters during the response and recovery phases. Care Team members help by:
- Provide a Calming Presence
- Help Connect Survivors to Resources
- Identify Unmet Needs
- Support Emergency Shelter Operations
Refreshments will be served!
Please pre-register for this free event by contacting Wendy Morris at email@example.com or 253-426-1501. More information about the Disaster Response Care Team program can be found online at www.associatedministries.org.
This is a four-part training. Training dates for 2018 are:
- Saturday, March 10th from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Saturday, June 9th from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Saturday September 8th from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Saturday, November 17th from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM