Associated Ministries' Community Quarterly Meeting
Thank you to all those who were able to make it to Associated Ministries’ first Community Quarterly Meeting and to those of you who wanted to be there, but couldn’t make it. We’ll see you next time.
Associated Ministries hosts an on-going quarterly meeting for people of faith and goodwill to continue learning about homelessness and to work together on strategies to end homelessness.
During the latest Community Quarterly Meeting, people of faith were charged with identifying projects to impact homelessness, and triumphantly, they stepped up to the plate!
Three work groups formed and envisioned the following projects:
- Connections Network: using social media to better connect people of faith with those experiencing homelessness.
- Strengthen Catholic Community Services’ Family Housing Network, and
- Explore ways people of faith can better partner with Associated Ministries.
Some GREAT ideas surfaced from some pretty amazing people! There were a few exciting and tangible takeaways from our meeting:
- The Family Housing Network may have identified one more church to house five families experiencing homelessness;
- A church that is already participating with the Family Housing Network may be able to extend their service by one week.
That is FOURTEEN additional nights to house FIVE families experiencing homelessness! What a FEAT WE ACHIEVED in less than a 2 hour meeting!
Join us during our next Community Quarterly Meeting on Thursday, June 15th from 4-6pm at Bethlehem Baptist Church, 4818 East Portland Ave, Tacoma, WA 98404 as we continue this work.
We need a lot more people in the room to create the wave needed to end homelessness, so reach out to people you know want to be involved and invite them in.
Valorie Crout | Chief Program Officer
253.383.3056, ext. 108 firstname.lastname@example.org