Did you miss the latest Community Quarterly Meeting? We can catch you up!
September’s Community Quarterly Meeting (CQM) was filled with information to better equip people of faith and goodwill with the tools necessary to impact the crisis of homelessness in our community. (Click here to view the CQM slideshow.)
We learned about many new resources and ideas during the meeting that can help us all be more effective!
Please extend the impact of the meeting by sharing the information presented with members of your own and other congregations, your pastor or faith leader, business associates, neighbors, friends and family. Together we can equip our community with tools that can help to end homelessness!
- Pass along the detailed information that Clayton Aldern, Analyst and Evaluator for Pierce County’s Human Services, shared on what homelessness looks like in our community: click here.
- Become familiar with the fascinating relationship between race and homelessness by reviewing the Supporting Partnerships for Anti-Racist Communities (SPARC) report: click here.
- Review the “Housing Hope” document from the Moral Voice Advocacy Group and let us know if you’d like to be part of this group’s future efforts to speak out for justice for the vulnerable: Click here to review document.
- Encourage faith communities to contact Sarah Luna, Program Coordinator for South Sound Military and Community Partnerships, to learn about the Resource Kit Project and how she can equip congregations with training and resources (“blessing bags”) for those seeking support/resources at the front doors of congregations. Reach Sarah at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 983-7774.
- Ask people you know who own rental properties or work in property management to contact Alexis Eykel, Program Manager for the Landlord Liaison Program, to learn about this innovative new effort to encourage landlords to partner with our homeless system. Contact information: info@LandlordLiaisonProgram.com or (253) 426-1518.
- Urge people you know who have a spare room in their home to consider hosting a student in need from the University of Washington Tacoma. Contact Mark Merrill at email@example.com for more information.
- Circulate information to faith-based and non-profit organizations who may be willing to host a temporary shelter to learn about the support offered by the City of Tacoma: download flyer here.
Mark your calendars and invite others to attend the next Community Quarterly Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, December 13th from 5-7 pm at Shiloh Baptist church, 1211 South I Street, Tacoma.
The more information and resources we have in our tool belts, the more we can help encourage and equip others in our community to help address the crisis of homelessness.
START SPREADING THE WORD!
Associated Ministries convenes each CQM in partnership with other homeless and housing service providers working in Pierce County, with the goal of creating an energizing space to gather regularly to learn about, discuss and take action on the crisis of homelessness in our community.
If you have any questions about the CQM, please contact Valorie Crout at 253-426-1508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.