Join us for the BEST Community Quarterly Meeting Yet!
We are ending the year with the best Community Quarterly Meeting yet! You will not want to miss the next meeting, scheduled for Dec. 5.
Those who attend will be among the first anywhere to get a sneak peek at Pierce County’s new five-year plan to end homelessness. Tess Colby, Manager at Pierce County Human Services, will join us in person to present it to us.
The goal of the plan is to change what homelessness looks like in our community. A few of the impacts this plan is expected to have in our community are:
- More comprehensive, wrap around services for those experiencing homelessness.
- Ending homelessness for target populations or the most vulnerable, including: chronically homeless, veterans, families and youth.
- Cost analysis to leverage resources to serve more people.
- Increased partnerships with the faith community, businesses providers, government, etc.
- Reduce criminalization of homelessness.
- Affordable housing is integrated into the planning efforts.
- Measurements have been created to monitor progress and success.
The next Community Quarterly Meeting will be on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 4:00-6:00 pm at Bethlehem Baptist Church, 4818 E. Portland Avenue, Tacoma. Please join us to be part of this pivotal conversation in our community.
Associated Ministries convenes these meetings in partnership with other homeless and housing service providers working in Pierce County, with the goal of creating an energizing space to gather regularly to learn about, discuss and take action on the crisis of homelessness in our community.
We especially encourage attendance from those representing a specific faith community (as a pastor or appointed representative) along with anyone else interested in helping to end homelessness.