Raise Your Voice and Take Action to Help End Homelessness
We are much stronger when we work together! Homelessness is a crisis in our community; we need each other in order to effectively address this urgent issue. Please join us for Associated Ministries’ next Community Quarterly Meeting (CQM) on homelessness. This is a free event but registration is requested:
[maxbutton id=”75″ url=”https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=assocmin&id=63″ ]
When: Thursday, June 21st from 5-7 pm (light snacks provided)
Where: Shiloh Baptist Church, 1211 South I Street, Tacoma
Download flyer here.
This is the most important CQM we’ve held to date; please make every effort to attend. We believe you will leave inspired by people who are actively involved in the journey to end homelessness. Special guests and topics to be discussed at the June CQM are:
Reports from the City of Tacoma: Erica Azcueta, Program Manager of Homelessness and Household Stability in Neighborhood and Community Services, will provide an update on the City’s Emergency Declaration on homelessness; and, Daniel Murillo, Housing Division Manager in Community and Economic Development, will give an update on the City’s process to develop an Affordable Housing Action Strategy. These two efforts have profound, long-term consequences for housing and homelessness efforts in Tacoma, so you won’t want to miss these critical updates.
Community Quarterly Meeting’s “Moral Voice” (Advocacy) Task Force: Mike Yoder, ED for Associated Ministries, will report on the research efforts and policy priorities that members of this group are developing related to the City of Tacoma’s Affordable Housing Action Strategy. Members of the Tacoma City Council will be present to respond to the group’s recommendations.
Landlord Liaison Project (LLP), Pierce County’s newest housing program: Alexis Eykel, Program Manager for LLP, will discuss how this new program will increase access to affordable housing for those experiencing homelessness. She will also explain the incentives for landlords and property management companies to become involved. This program will provide essential key pieces for us to end homelessness in our community.
Who should attend the meeting?
- People of faith and good-will who have an open heart and a willing spirit to come together to learn, participate, and be involved in practical ways to address homelessness. We especially encourage attendance from those representing a specific faith community (the pastor or their appointed representative), as well as other interested individuals.
What will be achieved at the meeting?
- Attendees will be informed and educated regarding the background, context, and challenges related to the issue of homelessness.
- Attendees will gain a better understanding of effective interventions already underway to address homelessness.
- We will discuss potential projects and solutions that attendees can engage in as faith communities or individuals to positively impact homelessness.
- Attendees will walk away with at least one specific step they can take to help end homelessness, inspired by people who are actively involved in the journey.
If you have any questions about the CQM, please contact Valorie Crout, Chief Program Officer for Associated Ministries at 253-426-1508 or email@example.com.
Together we CAN impact the crisis of homelessness in our community.