Community Quarterly Meeting to End Homelessness – March 22nd
On March 22 Learn if You are the Solution to Homelessness!
You’ve seen tents popping up in our community. You’ve seen single adults walking the streets trying to stay warm. You may have seen families with children sleeping in cars overnight.
You’ve seen enough!
When: Thursday, March 22 from 5-7 pm (light snacks provided)
Where: Shiloh Baptist Church, 1211 South I Street, Tacoma (download flyer here)
Special guests and topics to be discussed at the March 22 meeting:
- Representatives from the Salvation Army Family Shelter, which hosts 90-110 individuals experiencing homelessness every night, will share specific ways attendees can support the shelter.
- We will learn how to exercise our moral voice to advocate for policies that impact homelessness.
- Attendees will walk away with at least one specific step they can take to help end homelessness, inspired by people who are actively involved in the journey.
In 2017 Associated Ministries began convening these meetings in partnership with other Pierce County homeless and housing service providers, with the goal of creating an energizing space to gather regularly to learn about, discuss and take action on the crisis of homelessness in our community. Last year nearly 200 people representing 44 congregations attended these meetings; we need you at the table as we continue this important work in 2018.
Who should attend the meeting?
- People of faith and good-will who have an open heart and a willing spirit to come together to learn, participate, and be involved in practical ways to address homelessness. We especially encourage attendance from those representing a specific faith community (the pastor or their appointed representative), as well as other interested individuals.
What will be achieved at the meeting?
- Attendees will be informed and educated regarding the background, context, and challenges related to the issue of homelessness.
- Attendees will gain a better understanding of effective interventions already underway to address homelessness.
- We will discuss potential projects and solutions that attendees can engage in as faith communities or individuals to positively impact homelessness.
Dr. Gregory Christopher, Senior Pastor of Shiloh Baptist Church, is excited to host the next meeting. He says, “Come out and join in the conversation; who knows, the best way of addressing homelessness could be within you.”
If you have any questions about the CQM, please contact Valorie Crout, Chief Program Officer for Associated Ministries at 253-426-1508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.