Raise Your Voice and Take Action to Help End Homelessness
We are much stronger when we work together!
Our local Lutheran Bishop Richard Jaech offered encouragement by sharing this biblical account: “What comes to my mind is the story from Numbers, chapter 11, where Moses is feeling overwhelmed with all of the challenges facing the people of Israel as he leads them in their journey from slavery to freedom. God tells Moses that leadership is too heavy to do just by himself. So God instructs Moses to pick 70 elders from the people of Israel and bring them together as a group, where God blesses them to carry out the leadership they all give together.”
TOGETHER, we can impact the crisis of homelessness in our community. Make your presence count! Please join us for the next Community Quarterly Meeting.
When: Thursday, June 21st from 5-7 pm (light snacks provided)
Where: Shiloh Baptist Church, 1211 South I Street, Tacoma
Download flyer here.
Special guests and topics to be discussed at the June meeting:
- Representatives from the City of Tacoma will provide a status report on progress to end homelessness.
- Presentation about the new Landlord Liaison Project, a program working to secure affordable housing.
- Advocacy updates, testimonies and MORE.
Attendees will walk away with at least one specific step they can take to help end homelessness, inspired by people who are actively involved in the journey.
Last year Associated Ministries began convening these meetings in partnership with other Pierce County homeless and housing service providers, with the goal of creating an energizing space to gather regularly to learn about, discuss and take action on the crisis of homelessness in our community. Last year nearly 200 people representing 54 congregations attended these meetings; we need you at the table!
Who should attend the meeting?
- People of faith and good-will who have an open heart and a willing spirit to come together to learn, participate, and be involved in practical ways to address homelessness. We especially encourage attendance from those representing a specific faith community (the pastor or their appointed representative), as well as other interested individuals.
What will be achieved at the meeting?
- Attendees will be informed and educated regarding the background, context, and challenges related to the issue of homelessness.
- Attendees will gain a better understanding of effective interventions already underway to address homelessness.
- We will discuss potential projects and solutions that attendees can engage in as faith communities or individuals to positively impact homelessness.
If you have any questions about the CQM, please contact Valorie Crout, Chief Program Officer for Associated Ministries at 253-426-1508 or email@example.com.