Welcome & Farewell: AM Board of Directors
January 25, 2021
At the December meeting of the AM Board of Directors there were a number of changes to our Board membership. Three members of the Board completed their terms of service and were thanked as they stepped off:
- Mary Lobdell Anderson (St. Patrick Catholic parish: served 6 years, including as Board President. Assisted with the Spring Gala and major donor receptions.
- Martha Ward (St. Mark’s Lutheran Church by the Narrows): served 3 years, including as Board Treasurer. Assisted with the Moral Voice advocacy group,
- Karen Oleson (Tacoma Baha’i community): served for 3 years. Assisted with planning the Interfaith Women’s Conference and serving on the Anti-Racist and Equity Work Group.
At the same meeting, four members of our community were affirmed to join the AM Board:
- TaTeasha Davis: member of the Indeterminate Sentence Review Board under the Governor’s office, former staff attorney at YWCA Pierce County;
- Yuni Medlin (Lakewood United Methodist Church): LASA staff member, Co-Chair of Elevate Health Community Advisory Committee, PC Homeless Coalition member;
- Diane Powers: retiring as Director of City of Tacoma’s Office of Equity and Human Rights, previously worked at Nativity House and AM;
- Candy Watkins (Tacoma Baha’i community): former ED for A Step Ahead in Pierce County, strategic planning for First Five Fundamentals, Project Homeless Connect volunteer.
The four new members join the following continuing members of the AM Board:
- Sarah Rumbaugh (Temple Beth El), current Board President
- Chris Ferguson (Tacoma Friends Meeting & Peace Lutheran Church), immediate past President
- Rev. Dr. Eric Jackson (Baptist), former Board President
- Craig Huish (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), current Board Treasurer
- Jim Friedman (Temple Beth El)
- Brendan Nelson (Peace Lutheran Church)
- Kelly Blucher (community activist)
- Ron Martinez (Harbor Christian Center)